WEB Application System
※1 Please prepare the "Guidelines for Applicants" and the "Guide to Entrance Examinations" for the department of your choice in advance, and ensure you have adequately reviewed the contents of the "Guidelines for Applicants" and the "Guide to Entrance Examinations" for the department of your choice.
※2 If you do not know how to write your name in KATAKANA, please visit the site below, which provides further information on
Katakana usage: http://apps.nolanlawson.com/japanese-name-converter/#
１．Prepare what you need for your application
Please check the "Guidelines for Applicants" and prepare what you need for the application.
This may include certificates such as transcripts, etc.; photograph data; and proof of payment of your examination fee (See 3. below).
Depending on the department, you may be required to submit documents other than the above, so please be sure to check the "Guide to Entrance Examinations" for the department of your choice.
２．Fill in the necessary information for application and prepare an application form
Please go to the "WEB Application System-Admission Application Form Creator" website mentioned above and enter the information necessary to complete the application. Please make a note of the "Receipt Number" that appears in the upper right corner of the application form, as you will need it later.
Please upload photograph data to the "Admission Application Form Creator". There is no need to submit photograph data on a CD-ROM or anything like that. The photograph data will not be showed on the application documents form, but It will be used for identity verification during test conducting, and for preparing your student ID card after admission.
The completed application form can be checked and revised from the "My Page (Upload Application Documents)" mentioned above until the deadline for application. When you log into the "My Page (Upload Application Documents)", you will need to enter your receipt number, date of birth, and email address.
３．Pay the examination fee (See note※)
Pay the examination fee after confirming the downloaded "Guidelines for Applicants"and "How to make a Payment of Examination Fee"(For Overseas Applicants)(For Domestic Applicants)
※The following persons are exempted from the examination fee, so please be careful not to pay it unnecessarily.
・Applicants for admission in October 2022 who are expected to obtain a master's degree or a professional degree from the University of Tokyo in September 2022.
・Applicants for admission in April 2023 who are expected to obtain a master's degree or a professional degree from the University of Tokyo in March 2023.
・International students on scholarships from the Japanese government (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.)
４．Submit the application documents
In accordance with the following "Application Documents Submission" section, upload the electronic data of the submitted documents and comfirm your application.
Application Documents Submission
･Please upload your application documents from the " WEB Application System-My Page (Upload Application Documenats) ” above and confirm your application within the upload period indicated in the "Guidelines for Applicants".
･Submission of applications documents is accepted only through the "WEB Application System".
･After the application deadline, you can't revise or replace the submitted documents.
･In case of unexpected system troubles, please upload and confirm your application as soon as possible.
How to upload appilication documents
(1) Log into the "WEB Application System-My page(Upload Application Documents)" above with your receipt number, date of birth, and e-mail address.
(2) Upload Certificate of Graduation/Completion, Academic Transcript, other required documents for each department, and the examination fee payment certificate by electronic file.
(3) Click "Confirm" after you have uploaded the required documents. Please note that your application can not be confirmed if you have not uploaded all required documents and/or the deadline has passed.
(4) When your application has been confirmed, "Apllication Confirmed" will be displayed on Status of Your Application. and you will receive a confirmation notice at your registered e-mail address. Please make sure to check Status of Your Appilication if your application has been confirmed. After you have confirmed your application, you will be able to edit it, replace documents, and cancel it, until the deadline.
How to create electronic files and file formats
(1) Application form: The PDF file you created in the "Admission Application Form Creator" will be automatically uploaded, so please check the contents.
(2) Other documents to be submitted: Image files scanned by a scanner are recommended; however, photo files taken by devices with a built-in camera such as a laptop or smartphone are also acceptable if the contents can be read. In addition to PDF, the file format can be JPEG, PNG, BMP, or GIF.
How to cancel your application
(1) Log into the "WEB Application System-My Page (Upload Application Documents)" page, and click the "Cancel" button.
(2) If your cancellation has been accepted, "Application Cancelled" will be displayed on Status of Your Application. and you will receive a confirmation notice at your registered e-mail address. Please make sure to check this Status of Your Appllication if your application has been cancelled.