Research Students

Admissions Information for Graduate School (Research Students)

The Research Students Program ("Kenkyu sei" in Japanese) is a non-degree postgraduate program generally for graduates of School of Engineering. Research students can do research under a supervising professor in his/her laboratory for one year.


※This is NOT for Foreign Research Students, if you are applying for Foreign Research Students, please click here.

Contact address:
Graduate School Team, Administrative Division,
School of Engineering,
University of Tokyo
Engineering building No.8 1F, 7-3-1, Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656,


E-mail: adm-daigakuin[at]
* Please replace [at] with @ to send E-mails

*Please contact us by E-mails except urgent

Fax: +81-3-5841-6057